1. To clean doors, wash with mild soap and water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry.
2. Keep weatherstrip clean of dirt and grit for proper seal. Wash with Mild soap and
water, rinse with clear water and wipe dry. Apply a light coat of wax (Lemon Pledge)
and wipe off excess.
3. For scuff marks on painted finishes, use mild liquid cleanser (such as Soft Scrub by
Clorox), rinse with clear water and wipe dry.
4. If finish is accidentally scratched or chipped, clean as recommended above and use
touch up paint supplied or standard wood finish repair crayon.
5. To protect finish, spray and wipe with protectant (such as Armor All- Do not spray
directly on door- Spray on soft cloth, then wipe on door.)
6. For stained finishes, periodic painting with a non-yellowing clear coat paint is
recommended for doors exposed to severe weather conditions.
1. Much like sterling silver even the finest brass will react naturally to the elements
surrounding it. To maintain, polish with a nonabrasive automotive or furniture wax.
By keeping your hardware cleaned and maintained you will be rewarded with a longlasting
2. Tighten screws on lockset and hinges when necessary
3. Lightly oil hinges as needed. Wipe off excess.
DO NOT USE paint thinners, lacquer thinner, gasoline line, kerosene or any other
harsh chemical to clean surfaces of door or hardware.
Recommended cleaners to remove stains from your new entry door:
|Bubble Gum||Fantastic®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Solution of Vinegar (30%) and water (70%), Windex®|
|Oil based Chalk||Fantastic®, Water based cleaners|
|Felt-Tip Pen||Fantastic®, Lysol®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Grass||Fantastic®, Lysol®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Lipstick||Fantastic®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®|
|Lithium Grease||Fantastic®, Lestoil®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Mold and Mildew||Fantastic®, Solution of Vinegar (30%) and water (70%), Windex®|
|Paint||Brillo® Pad*, Soft Scrub®*|
|Rust||Fantastic®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Top Soil||Fantastic®, Murphy’s Oil Soap®, Lestoil®|
* Use cautiously and only when alternative methods fail.
Cornerstone does not endorse proprietary products or processes and makes no warranties for the products referred herein. Reference to proprietary names is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to imply that there are not equally effective alternatives.